VK_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_SRGB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rextimmy
    Participant

Hey There,

Any chance we can get VK_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_SRGB added to the formats supported with vkGetPhysicalDeviceSurfaceFormatsKHR on the macOS platform? I noticed VK_FORMAT_A8B8G8R8_SRGB_PACK32 is getting reported. Do forgive my metal noobness if MTLPixelFormatBGRA8Unorm_sRGB is not supported in the macOS metal implementation for a surface format (or whatever the metal equivalent is called).

Cheers 🙂

Bill Hollings
      Keymaster

@rextimmy

You are entirely correct. As you expected, the format VK_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_SRGB is indeed supported as a surface format on both macOS and iOS by MoltenVK and Metal.

The value VK_FORMAT_A8B8G8R8_SRGB_PACK32 is being reported incorrectly by the vkGetPhysicalDeviceSurfaceFormatsKHR() function. The VK_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_SRGB value should be reported instead.

We’ll fix this for the next release.

Thanks for pointing out this issue.

…Bill

rextimmy
        Participant

Oh excellent it is supported, I actually didn’t even try forcing the format after checking with vkGetPhysicalDeviceSurfaceFormatsKHR, I was just resorting back to the regular BGRA8 format. Anyway, no dramas at all, very simple to work around this around until the next MoltenVK release.

rextimmy
          Participant

The latest release with the fix works sweet, thanks bill.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘MoltenVK Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.