tri-frag.spv: not a directory

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    necktwi
    Participant

I have followed the README_MoltenVK_UserGuide.md: pulled the modified VulkanSamples, opened the Demos workspace, selected the target Triangle-macOS and built it. I got a PBXCp Error:

CpResource /Users/gowtham/workspace/Molten-0.13.0/MoltenVK/Demos/LunarG-VulkanSamples/VulkanSamples/demos/tri-frag.spv /Users/gowtham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Demos-cnlyoqpstgfbsicxsluajmolgdys/Build/Products/Release/Triangle.app/Contents/Resources/tri-frag.spv
          cd /Users/gowtham/workspace/Molten-0.13.0/MoltenVK/Demos/LunarG-VulkanSamples/Demos
          builtin-copy -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -exclude .git -exclude .hg -strip-debug-symbols -strip-tool /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/strip -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/gowtham/workspace/Molten-0.13.0/MoltenVK/Demos/LunarG-VulkanSamples/VulkanSamples/demos/tri-frag.spv /Users/gowtham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Demos-cnlyoqpstgfbsicxsluajmolgdys/Build/Products/Release/Triangle.app/Contents/Resources

error: /Users/gowtham/workspace/Molten-0.13.0/MoltenVK/Demos/LunarG-VulkanSamples/VulkanSamples/demos/tri-frag.spv: Not a directory
      CpResource /Users/gowtham/workspace/Molten-0.13.0/MoltenVK/Demos/LunarG-VulkanSamples/VulkanSamples/demos/tri-vert.spv /Users/gowtham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Demos-cnlyoqpstgfbsicxsluajmolgdys/Build/Products/Release/Triangle.app/Contents/Resources/tri-vert.spv
          cd /Users/gowtham/workspace/Molten-0.13.0/MoltenVK/Demos/LunarG-VulkanSamples/Demos
          builtin-copy -exclude .DS_Store -exclude CVS -exclude .svn -exclude .git -exclude .hg -strip-debug-symbols -strip-tool /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/strip -resolve-src-symlinks /Users/gowtham/workspace/Molten-0.13.0/MoltenVK/Demos/LunarG-VulkanSamples/VulkanSamples/demos/tri-vert.spv /Users/gowtham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Demos-cnlyoqpstgfbsicxsluajmolgdys/Build/Products/Release/Triangle.app/Contents/Resources

error: /Users/gowtham/workspace/Molten-0.13.0/MoltenVK/Demos/LunarG-VulkanSamples/VulkanSamples/demos/tri-vert.spv: Not a directory

BTW, while Vulkan community is nagging about apple not supporting vulkan, I appreciate Molten bridging metal and vulkan. It paves a way for both the frameworks to compare and get in sync with each other.

Bill Hollings
      Keymaster

@necktwi

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Did you follow the instructions in the Installation section of the README_MoltenVK_Demos.md document…including retrieving the brenwill version of the LunarG demos (not the LunarG version), and making the required change to the symbolic link to the VulkanSamples directory?

…Bill

necktwi
        Participant

Yes! I have pulled the modified samples from GitHub. Replaced the place holder symbolic links to these folders with the actual ones.

necktwi
          Participant

To be sure I did it right, I’ve done again

cd ~/workspace
            rm -rf VulkanSamples/
            git clone https://github.com/brenwill/VulkanSamples.git
            cd Molten-0.13.0/MoltenVK/Demos/LunarG-VulkanSamples/
            rm VulkanSamples
            ln -s ~/workspace/VulkanSamples/ VulkanSamples
            cd ~/workspace/
            rm -rf Vulkan-Samples/
            git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/brenwill/Vulkan-Samples.git
            cd Molten-0.13.0/MoltenVK/Demos/Khronos-Vulkan-Samples/
            rm Vulkan-Samples
            ln -s ~/workspace/Vulkan-Samples/ Vulkan-Samples
            necktwi
            Participant

All are running good except the Demos in LunarG-VulkanSamples. I love that hologram one. And why there is no Demos folder in Khronos-Vulkan-Samples, as I see it should point to Khronos Vulkan-Samples?

I couldn’t witness the fish tornado because

$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/brenwill/Cinder.git
              fatal: destination path 'Cinder' already exists and is not an empty directory.
              TwinkleMoss:workspace gowtham$ rm -rf Cinder/
              TwinkleMoss:workspace gowtham$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/brenwill/Cinder.git
              Cloning into 'Cinder'...
              remote: Counting objects: 89680, done.
              remote: Total 89680 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 89680
              Receiving objects: 100% (89680/89680), 390.27 MiB | 3.30 MiB/s, done.
              Resolving deltas: 100% (55291/55291), done.
              warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
              Bill Hollings
              Keymaster

@necktwi

I’m not sure why you are having trouble with the Triangle and Cube demos in VulkanSamples. I’ve just tried downloading Molten and VulkanSamples, as you have, and it builds and runs fine.

The error is happening within Xcode’s built-in copy operation. Perhaps have a look at the files within the Xcode Copy Bundle Resources Build Phase, and verify that Xcode has permissions to the VulkanSamples folder.

Regarding the Cinder demo, unfortunately, it is not yet publicly available. We are working to get it released through the Cinder team.

…Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘MoltenVK Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.