Support for VK_EXT_debug_report instance extension

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Grimeh
    Participant

Hi,

While in the process of integrating MoltenVK into my application, I noticed that when I query for which instance extensions are supported (via vkEnumerateInstanceExtensionProperties) VK_EXT_debug_report isn’t in that list. I also noticed it mentioned on the forums that MoltenVK doesn’t yet have support for validation layers, which would explain the absence of the VK_EXT_debug_report extension.

Is there any progress update on validation layer support? Any ETA on VK_EXT_debug_report?

I’d love to be able to do development on my macbook as well as my desktop, but I can be pretty good at making silly mistakes when I’m working with Vulkan, and it makes it very hard to identify any such errors without the (awesome) validation layers.

Thanks,
      Brandon

Bill Hollings
      Keymaster

@grimeh

At present, we are focused on developing the driver layer features of Vulkan on iOS and macOS.

We are aware that support for higher layers on these platforms is necessary, and have engaged in discussions with LunarG about working together to add these platforms to the layer frameworks.

Unfortunately, I can’t give you a timeframe yet for delivery of those capabilities.

…Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘MoltenVK Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.