Other platforms ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AlexByrth
    Participant

Hi

Congratulations for MetalGL initiative !
      What about other platforms (Android/Win/Linux) ?
      Is it possible ?

Regards and success !

Bill Hollings
      Keymaster

Thanks for having a look at MetalGL!

Can you clarify what you are asking?

Are you asking whether MetalGL will bring additional graphics technologies (such as DX) from those platforms to iOS & OSX? If so, we’re certainly looking into that!

Or are you asking whether we will port MetalGL to those other platforms, using native enhancement technologies? For now, MetalGL is focused on bringing compatibility and performance to the iOS and OSX platforms, by using Metal as a performance enhancer. Later on, we may use similar performance technologies and expertise on those other platforms, but that will be further down the road.

Or are you asking something else that I haven’t picked up on?

…Bill

AlexByrth
        Participant

Hi Bill!
          Thanks for your extensive replay 😉

Actually, I was asking the second one: about having MetalGL available on android/win/linux.

I believe that developers need more portable mid-ware solutions, and OpenGL ES is a good choice.
          On Windows we can use Google’s ANGLE to run GL-ES on top of DX. Kings (makers of Candy Crush) uses ANGLE for their ports to Windows mobile.
          I guess MetalGL, using METAL on IOS/OSX, or Vulkan on other platforms would be great for portability, as well high performance.

Best regards,
          Alex

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘MoltenGL Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.