MoltenVK with Xamarin/VulkanSharp?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

We are developing a multi plattform app with Xamarin (using VulkanSharp) and hope to be able to reuse our rendering code on iOS. Does MoltenVK work together with Xamarin?

Bill Hollings
      Keymaster

Hi Alex…

Thanks for your interest in MoltenVK.

MoltenVK is a standard implementation of Vulkan, and works like other implementations, using the same Vulkan C bindings. For iOS, you link to the MoltenVK framework within your project (typically Xcode).

We have not tested MoltenVK with VulkanSharp, but as long as you can access the standard Vulkan API through VulkanSharp, and have the ability to link to the MoltenVK iOS framework within your dev environment, it should work.

Regards…

The MoltenVK Team

Alex
        Participant

Hi Bill,

thanks for your fast answer.

I’m getting closer to making MoltenVK work together with Xamarin/VulkanSharp. Unfortunately I’ve got problems with linking MoltenVK when compiling for the iPad simulator. Seems that the app is compiled for i386 when targeting the simulator and MoltenVK for iOS does not come with i386 compiled framework files. Any ideas about that? Is it possible to make MoltenVK work with the simulator?

Cheers,
          Alex

Bill Hollings
          Keymaster

Hi Alex…

MoltenVK is a Vulkan implementation that runs on top of Metal on macOS and iOS.

The Xcode iPad/iPhone simulator does not support Metal.

So…you (like all developers using Metal) need to compile and run your code using a real iPad or iPhone device.

…Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘MoltenVK Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.