Metal not supported in iPad Air 2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    saahiljeet
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to port an existing Open GL ES app to metal using metal convert Shader framework, I have followed all the steps as you specified.

I am running this app on iPad Air 2 which supports metal, but still I am getting this error :
      “[mgl-info] OpenGL functionality using Metal cannot be provided because Metal is not supported on this device. OpenGL functionality provided by native OpenGL framework.” .

Can you please help, if I am missing a flag to be set or is there any other issue.

Thanks in advance.
      Saahil

Bill Hollings
      Keymaster

@saahiljeet

That info message is reported in any one of three situations:

• You are not compiling for 64-bit architecture. If building for 32-bit architecture, you can bypass this check by setting the MLN_ARCH_SUPPORTS_METAL compiler build setting to YES (or 1).
        • Your build environment sets either the MLN_ARCH_SUPPORTS_METAL or MGL_SUPPORT_OPENGL_ON_METAL compiler build setting to NO (or 0). Normally you would not set these directly.
        • The MTLCreateSystemDefaultDevice() function does not exist or does not return a MTLDevice instance, which would happen if Metal is not available on the device (minimum iOS 8 on an A7 processor).

Do any of those apply?

…Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘MoltenGL Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.