LunarG validation layers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mtesseract
    Participant

Are the LunarG validation layers available to MoltenVK? I remember seeing something about making things like these possible.

I made an attempt at working with MoltenVK and there are some things I wonder about that I’d love to hear about. At the moment I work with CLion to set up my dev environment as multiplatform as possible, CLion uses Cmake to do the building.
      The way I ended up setting up moltenVK may or may not be the right way of doing things, I could not find correct information. The tactic I have used for now is as follows:

Place MoltenVK/macOS’s contents into /usr/local/lib
      Place MoltenVK/macOS/MoltenVK.framework/headers’s contents into /usr/local/inc/MoltenVK
      The last line I for some reason had to do, since Cmake seems to be incapable of looking inside of a .framework file. Since even though it found the MoltenVK.framework file just fine, it did not seem to go further to check inside.
      and I use the following Cmake files:
      https://github.com/mtesseracttech/VulkanEngine/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt
      https://github.com/mtesseracttech/VulkanEngine/blob/master/cmake/modules/FindVulkan.cmake

Is there any better way to do this? Or is it just as good as it’s going to get?

Bill Hollings
      Keymaster

@mtesseract

Unfortunately, LunarG’s validation layers have not been ported to macOS and iOS yet. We have had some discussions with LunarG about this…but it has not yet become a priority for either company.

You can help by posting the same request to LunarG…to help raise this as a priority.

Regarding using CMake, sorry…we have not built MoltenVK using CMake yet…so I can’t comment on whether your approach is optimal.

…Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘MoltenVK Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.