EXC_BAD_ACCESS with __ldb_unnamed_function39$$AGXMetalG5

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LiutenantCoconut
    Participant

So I just tried running moltenGL under evaluation mode.

It got to the point where it says:
      [mgl-info] You require a MoltenGL license for the OpenGL ES2.0 core feature set. Reverting to evaluation mode.

and

[mgl-info] Set size of renderbuffer 1 to (750, 432)

But then I got the EXC_BAD_ACCESS. It looks like it happens after what seems to be calling “mglGenerateMipmap”, according to the stack trace.

What am I possibly doing wrong?

Also, as an aside, for some reason after following the instructions for trying out moltengl, when I get a crash I see addresses and assembly code, as opposed to the usual code view window with the EXC_BAD_ACCESS indicator. Which part of the settings did I change (from the moltengl setup guide) caused this?

Thanks in advance

LiutenantCoconut
      Participant

Welp, turns out mipmaps aren’t supported. I wonder what I’ll have to do to get around this though

Bill Hollings
        Keymaster

@liutenantcoconut

The glGenerateMipmap() function is supported by MoltenGL.

What makes you think mipmaps are not supported? Can you provide a bit more information, such as a stack trace? What device and OS version you are running this on?

…Bill

LiutenantCoconut
          Participant

Removing the call to:

glGenerateMipmap(GL_TEXTURE_2D);

seems to remove the crashing issue. iOS 9.2, iPhone 6S+. I’ll try to reproduce the crash again later with the stack trace

Bill Hollings
            Keymaster

@liutenantcoconut

glGenerateMipmap(GL_TEXTURE_2D); works consistently in other situations.

Hmmm…I’m wondering if you are attempting to generate a mipmap when a texture is not actually bound to GL_TEXTURE_2D…and the existing driver is safely ignoring the unbound texture.

…Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘MoltenGL Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.