Crash using GLKViewController

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pierre
    Participant

Hi,

I got my app to build and link with MoltenGL, at first it was crashing at glGetString, I fixed that by making sure that the ViewController class was using the right header file.

But now the app is crashing in UIApplicationMain, outside of any drawing call.

I’m not 100% sure its really using MGLGLKView correctly, my implementation inherits from GLKViewController, I dont see how it could magically instantiate MGLGLKView since I havent seen any MGLGLKViewController equivalent…

What’s the best way to proceed, is it supposed to work when using GLKViewController? If not, how do I write my own ViewController to use the MGLGLKView?

Cheers,
      Pierre

Bill Hollings
      Keymaster

@Pierre

Be sure to read the EAGL and GLKit System Classes section of the README-UserGuide.md document found in the MoltenGL distribution package. This will explain how to use the standard GLKViewController and a Storyboard to instantiate your custom MGLGLKView subclass.

You can also refer to the DemoViewController class and Main.storyboard within the DrawLoadDemo for an example of using this technique.

The key is to create a custom MGLGLKView subclass, and identify it in the Storyboard. You can use the standard GLKViewController framework class (or your own subclass) to control it.

…Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘MoltenGL Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.